If you hope to consider, who might, potentially, be the best leader, take the time, and make the effort, to examine, the reasoning, rationale, focus, strategy, and intentions of an individual. Dos that person, merely, talk – the – talk, or does he, also, walk – the – walk? What is the essential basis of his beliefs, and what drives his strategic plan, and action planning? Are the ideas, well – considered, and thought- out, or, merely, self – serving, empty rhetoric? Focus on the focus, and quality of the LOGIC! With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly examine, consider, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, why this is a relevant consideration.
1. Learning; listening; leading; logistics: Does the potential leader, commit to effective listening, and learning from every experience and conversation, in order to make the best decisions? Is the focus on leading, by example, as well as design, and having the skills and discipline, to develop and implement, relevant, sustainable logistics?
2. Options; opportunities; opinions; organized: One must carefully, thoroughly, consider, all viable options and alternatives, with an open – mind. While great leaders must have the self – confidence, to articulate their opinions, the methodology must be thorough. This must never be a haphazard approach, but, rather, must be organized, relevant, rational, and sustainable, as well as focused on the common good, rather than self- interests and / or any personal agenda.
3. Generate goodwill; growth; good: Until/ unless, one consistently, generates goodwill, by his actions m rather than by rhetoric or empty promises, he is not a true leader. Groups must constantly undergo relevant, sustainable growth, in order to attract future leaders. Evaluate whether an idea is focused on good, rather than appealing, on a populist level.
4. Ideas; integrity; ideology; impacts; imagination: Look beyond the words, but measure and consider, the quality of ideas. Avoid anyone who fails to strive to maintain absolute integrity. Is the core ideology, a positive one? What are the potential impacts and ramifications. Is this just, the same – old, same – old, or does the potential leader possess a relevant, open – minded, imagination.
5. Character; clever; creative; cooperative; common good: Many skills can be trained, but most people maintain a particular character, for better or worse. It takes a clever person to merge the best combination of traits and characteristics, focused on being cooperative and unifying, rather than adversarial. Above all, perhaps, is the focus and emphasis on the common good.
Do you believe you will have the LOGIC of a quality l. Why do you think so?