Do you need to increase the value of your business – since you plan to sell your business. I have compiled a few tips that you can use to improve the valuation of the business.
- Create a brand and create brand awareness – a brand creates synergies and this will boost the value of your business as the brand itself can be assessed separately from the earnings of the business.
- Use social media to create social proof – more analysts consider a major social media presence as an indicator that the firms business model is successful at generating value – this could help improve the valuation of your business.
- Compile a large customer database – collecting details and feedback from your customers is important some companies are acquired by large corporations just to get access to their customer database. Also consider collecting details about customer interests and other personally non-identifiable information – this will help increase the value of your business in the eyes of a potential investor.
Register patents and trademarks – another key way to increase the non balance sheet value of your business is to have many patents and trademarks registered under your company. Sometimes the value of these assets might be many times more valuable that the net asset value of your company.
- New production techniques – using new techniques of production could attract new investors to takeover your company if they see big potential in your company – so don’t be afraid to invest in new methods of production to boost quality and productivity.
- New processes – new management techniques can also be sold as a key asset of significant value of your business as more large corporations are looking for increases in efficiency and productivity. Important to be able to sell these processes as key factor in the success of the respective industry. For example a new type of software used by your company could be a key competitive advantage.
- Differentiated sales process – sales is another process that can give huge competitive advantage so look to modify your sales procedures to ensure value addition that can be sold to an investor.
- Corporate profile – boost your corporate profile by sponsoring CSR initiative that can yield positive returns in creating the right image for your company.
- More publicity – good publicity can generate enormous value to your business – properly timed press releases can help boost the image of your company.
- Create interest – in associations, business chambers and special events promote the image of your company by providing valuable feedback and information regarding the industry and cutting edge technologies that are changing the landscape of business.
Look at the important tips given in this article that will also help improve the value of your business – increase business valuation.
Need to compute the value of your business look at my guide given in the article.